Friday, December 19, 2008

Goes Around, Comes Around
"It's like learning to be a parent all over again, with him!" said Sis. "Ni would go in her room and play by herself for hours- and he won't stay back here and he always wants someone to play with him!"

Really, Mrs. Pot? Wants someone to play with him? I can't imagine where Mr. Kettle could have gotten that trait, unless it was from someone who used to insist I sit on the couch for hours and watch her concoct involved psycho-dramas using the Fisher-Price Farm.


These were usually about a very good little girl and her very naughty big brother, who got up to all sorts of shenanigans for which he was soundly punished.

Or the ongoing saga of Strawberry Shortcake and her posse of smelly friends...
Or the Fisher-Price dollhouse family...

I just can't imagine (smiling a secret Mimi smile)...
Good times.

4 comments:

julie said...

Wow - the Fisher Price farm just brought back a whole slew of memories! In our house, it was my little brother's, but it was endlessly fascinating for both of us. Especially the mooing barn door.

mushroom said...

Cool. I, too, love it when my granddaughter acts exactly like her dad. I do notice that psycho-dramas are much more the domain of the granddaughters.

The grandson stages fights. For example, it is quite entertaining to watch a to-the-death cage match between a chicken and a cow.

Anonymous said...

Cage match! Now that's entertaining!

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

*Snort!* Psycho-dramas. And Patti wonders why I don't ask our oldest daughter about work.

Crystal: "You won't believe this, Dad..."

I might surprise you, I think.

Crys- "A co-worker of mine complained to the manager because another co-worker refused to have lunch with him! These people are acting like they're still in high school!"

High school?